Clear Ring is a call tracking and analytics provider whose software gives website owners (Our Clients) the ability to track and record calls (optional), form submissions, measure and understand their online and offline marketing campaigns to optimise the effectiveness of their marketing, improve customer service and sales performance. This information allows a website owner which is a customer of Clear Ring to improve the overall service that they provide to their website visitors.
1. About us and the services we provide
Clear Ring is a company registered in England and Wales (Company No* 12866676), with registered office at 17 Boundary street, Liverpool, United Kingdom, L5 9UB.
We have appointed a data protection officer (DPO) responsible for overseeing any questions relating to this privacy notice. If you have any questions about this notice or how we process your data, please contact us using the contact details below in the ‘Contact Us’ section.
2. Information Collected and how we use such information
Personal data or information means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymised data).
3. Information Collected from visitors to the Clear Ring website
For visitors to the Clear Ring website (www.clearring.co.uk), Clear Ring collects information about your site usage, such as page visits, links clicked, IP address, browser type, browser version, operating system, referring URL and cookie information.
Clear Ring collects such usage information to understand how visitors interact with our website. You may information to us directly for example, your name, email address, telephone number, username & password via our website (e.g., when logging into your account, or by completing contact request) or when you otherwise contact us, for example by telephone, social media sites or our blog. Any information you provide to our blog or social media areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. We only seek to collect personal data that is reasonable or necessary to accomplish the purpose of your interaction with Clear Ring.
4. We also collect, use and share aggregated data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose (“Aggregated Data”).
5. Information collected from clients of Clear Ring who use the Clear Ring Services
In relation to client’s in receipt of our service, we will collect certain information relating to designated contacts or users of our clients, for example, name, email address, telephone number, username & password. This information may be provided directly via our website (e.g., when such individual logs in to the client’s online account, or completes a contact request form) or when the individual otherwise contacts us by telephone, social media sites or our blog etc.
Any information provided in our blog or social media areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them.
We may also ask for additional information which we require in connection with and for the purposes of you using the Services, such as billing contact information, account login details, and other information we deem relevant for the purpose of providing the Services.
Clear Ring may use such information and data (to the extent that it constitutes personal data) for the purposes of performing our contract with a client, which may include, for example, for the purposes of:
- processing transactions between the client and Clear Ring;
- providing support in connection with the Services.
We may also use such personal data for the following purposes, which we consider to be necessary for our legitimate interests:
- To respond to enquiries from you.
- To send you e-mails and updates about the Clear Ring Services, including notices about changes to
- To request your feedback.
- Enhance or improve user experience, our website, or Clear Ring Services.
- Perform any other function that we believe in good faith is necessary to protect the security or proper functioning of our website or the Clear Ring Services.
- With your prior consent, we may post your personal testimonials along with those of other satisfied customers on our website or in marketing materials in addition to other endorsements.
If you are a registered user of the Services and have supplied us with your email address, Clear Ring may send you emails with information about new features, or just keep you up to date with our products or services, where permitted to do so by law. You may unsubscribe from receiving such marketing communications at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the relevant email, or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
6. What basis do we have for processing your personal data
We will process your personal data where we have a lawful basis for doing so. In general, our lawful basis will be that the processing is necessary for the purposes of pursuing our legitimate interests (as explained above). We may also process personal data with your consent.
Disclosure of your personal data
We will never sell your data to third parties.
We may share your personal data with:
- our suppliers and service providers who we use in connection with and for the purposes of providing the Services, including for example providers of cloud storage, data centres and telecommunication providers. We require our suppliers to respect the security of your personal data and treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data to the extent required to provide the Services.
- Our legal and other professional advisors, our insurers and insurance brokers;
- Government agencies, regulators, and other authorities.
In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell business assets. In these types of transactions, user information is typically one of the transferred business assets. If Clear Ring, or substantially all its assets, were acquired, user information is likely to be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party, and the acquirer may continue to use your personal data for the purposes set out in this policy.
7. Release of your information for legal purposes
We may disclose personal data about you:
- when required to do so in order to comply with any applicable laws, regulations or enforceable governmental or public authority request;
- where such disclosure is reasonably necessary to (i) enforce applicable terms of service, including investigation of potential breaches; (ii) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; (iii) respond to user support requests; or (iv) protect our rights, property or safety, our users and the public. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and spam/malware prevention.
8. Right to access, edit, and remove your information
The European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) provides you with rights in relation to your personal data in certain circumstances:
- The right to request access to personal data we hold about you.
- You may have the right in accordance with applicable data protection law to have personal data we hold about you rectified or restricted.
- You may, in some circumstances, have the right to have personal data we hold about you deleted (although note that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request).
- In some circumstances, you may have the right to receive or ask for your personal data to be transferred to a third party.
- You have the right to object how we process your personal data in certain circumstances including the right to request us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes.
- Where we are processing personal data relating to you with your consent to do so, you may withdraw your consent at any time (this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent). If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you.
- When you request access to personal information that we hold about you, we may ask you to verify your identity before providing such information to you or making any requested changes. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request. You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive, or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above in respect of our processing of your personal data, please contact us at email@example.com. You may have the right to lodge a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO, so please do contact us in the first instance and we shall endeavour to resolve your complaint.
9. Updates to your personal data
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and correct. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us. If you are a registered user, you can also update personal details via your online account with us.
10. Security Measures
We use an extensive range of technical and organisational measures to protect the security of our website and Clear Ring Services. Our data storage facilities have comprehensive detection and protection systems. Further details on our security and privacy measures are available on request.
11. International Transfer
Clear Ring stores and processes personal data on servers based in the European Union. We do not hold or transfer any data outside of the European Economic Area
12. Children and Special Categories of Personal Data
We do not knowingly collect, seek to collect, or anticipate collecting any personal data from children or any data considered to be ‘special categories of data’ (data about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation, sex life, trade union membership, political opinions, health data and genetic or biometric data
You can set your browser to reject cookies, or to alert you when websites set or access cookies. You can also manually delete individual or all of the cookies on your computer by following your browser’s help file directions.
Clear Ring may use its software to analyse a website visitor’s interaction with the Clear Ring website, including when the visitor makes a telephone call to Clear Ring. You may opt-out of this activity.
See our cookies policy here for more information about cookies.
14. Retention of data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to provide the Services to our Client or for the purposes of satisfying any legal or reporting requirements.
15. Links to third party websites
Our website may include links to and from third party websites. Please be aware that these websites have their own privacy policies if you follow a link to any of these websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. You should check these policies before submitting any personal data to their websites.
17. Contact Us
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the way in which we process personal data, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org or via postal mail at:
Clear Ring Ltd
17 Boundary Street